Comment, mono-banter, irreverent (irrelevant) observations and the deranged ramblings of a cider-soaked festival-er trying to moBlog in the middle of a field, aka Glastonbury Festival 2005 (22 - 27 June, more or less).

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Something beautiful



I thought I'd share with you one of the most beautiful pictures I took at last year's festival. It's around 5am on Sunday morning, and I'm standing on top of the giant LOVE letters just above the Stone Circle.

It had been a semi-cloudy night and hopes of a decent sunrise were low. But as the dawn glow grew, the clouds rolled away towards the horizon. I grabbed my camera and climbed up. It was past the official hour but the sun wasn't quite visible yet, still hidden behind a bank of clouds in the distance.

As the sun peered over the tops of the clouds I started cheering though quickly realised no-one else was. Not surprisingly, no-one else could see the sun yet as I was a clear 20ft above most people. But as the sun rose higher over the cloud the light spread down through the field until everyone below me was cheering too. I took this picture and climbed down, laying claim to being the first person on Sunday at Glastonbury 2004 to see the sun.

Sunrises don't come much better than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home